How Hypnotherapy and Hypnosis Work

Hypnotherapy


Countless people benefit from hypnotherapy every day. It’s a fast, painless and effective way of enhancing the quality of life.

Book now hypnosis

How Does Hypnotherapy work?

Hypnosis is a state of inner absorption and focused attention. It is like daydreaming or the feeling of “being in the zone.” You are usually aware of what is going on around you, but your attention is focused on a single object or train of thought. This state is usually induced by a hypnotist using verbal repetition and mental images.

When you are in hypnosis, you are more open to suggestions. The hypnotherapist can suggest new ideas or perspectives that you might not have considered before. These suggestions can help you change your behavior or your perception of a situation.

For example, if you are trying to quit smoking, a hypnotherapist may suggest that cigarettes are no longer appealing or that smoking is no longer enjoyable. These suggestions can help change your behavior by making it easier to resist the urge to smoke.

In hypnosis, I use several hypnosis techniques, like regression and analytical hypnotherapy to dismantle negative limiting beliefs. Then I use suggestion therapy to replace those limiting ideas with positive empowering ideas.

There are several techniques that can improve the outcome of hypnotherapy.

In my practice I also use the following tool to enhance the effectiveness of hypnosis:

I am certified as a clinical hypnotherapist. Clinical hypnotherapy uses advanced hypnosis and other techniques to treat a variety of medical and psychological issues. It is an established complementary therapy with an excellent track record. Many medical college clinics now offer an overview of clinical hypnotherapy as an optional module.

The subconscious mind

The subconscious mind can be thought of as a storage place of memories that include everything that ever happened to you. It remembers every experience, every word you have ever spoken or heard, and every emotion you have ever had, and it has thousands of times more storage capacity than any computer.

It prioritizes storage relative to the emotional intensity of an event. Memories of fear and pain are high priority. Love and joy are lower priority. It is a survival-mind.

It is also responsible for controlling the health and function of every organ and cell in your body. The subconscious mind controls all habits and automatic thought patterns.

About 90 percent of our brain functions occur in the subconscious mind. The other 10 percent occur in our conscious mind.

Throughout the course of your life, your subconscious mind stores different beliefs that you accept about yourself and the world. Some of them are positive empowering beliefs, and others are negative limiting beliefs.

The conscious mind draws on the information in the subconscious mind to make decisions and exercise free will. When you consciously decide to make a change, you do so using your conscious mind.

The fact that the conscious mind is only about 10 percent of your entire mind, explains why it is so hard sometimes to follow through with a decision to change. Since hypnotherapy works directly on the subconscious level of your mind (the other 90 percent), it makes change so much easier and faster.

Hypnosis is one of the oldest and most natural modes of healing

It is considered a very effective and safe procedure in psychotherapy. In 1892, British research already showed that hypnosis is effective in pain relief and reducing psychosomatic complaints and anxiety disorders. Throughout the years these findings have been confirmed by many other surveys and experiments.

 

Benefits of Hypnotherapy

Hypnotherapy has many benefits and uses, for example:

  • Anxiety and Depression – Many people choose to take medications to treat anxiety and depression. Others don’t want to become addicted to these notoriously addictive drugs. Hypnotherapy is a drug-free, effective way to calm anxiety and treat symptoms of depression. Hypnosis techniques are used to neutralize triggers that cause anxiety.When practicing hypnosis, you learn how to calm your mind and emotions. Hypnosis can promote deep relaxation – if you’ve ever tried meditation, you already know the tremendous impact relaxation can have on your body and mind.
  • Addictions – Different people have different addictions. Whether it’s an addiction to alcohol, drugs, food, smoking or gambling, hypnosis can help you break these habits. Hypnotherapy has been proven to help break addiction once and for all, preventing short-term relapses.
  • Weight lossHypnotherapy helps lose and maintain weight. If emotional eating is an issue, there are processes and techniques to resolve underlying emotional problems. Suggestions therapy is also used to modify behavior and change habits.
  • Stress – Humans are not designed to deal with constant ongoing conditions of stress. It can lead to serious illnesses such as heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, and sleep problems. If you are constantly on high alert, you can benefit from hypnotherapy. You can learn some relaxation, hypnosis and meditation techniques that can change your life. If you feel like you are not managing your stress levels, consider trying hypnosis. It gives your body a chance to recover, repair and heal by experiencing the relaxation it really needs.
  • Chronic pain – If you suffer from a disease or condition that causes you pain frequently, such as fibromyalgia, arthritis, or migraines, and you pain pills do not help, or you don’t want to take them, you can try hypnosis. Very often pain can be controlled effectively through self-hypnosis. Hypnosis and hypnotherapy have been shown to be effective pain treatment techniques in many different scientific studies. There are techniques that can give you a huge head start by helping you quickly control and manage your pain when you feel an impending attack. Hypnosis can also significantly reduce the duration of an episode. It can also extend the interval between attacks so that you can stay comfortable and pain-free for as long as possible. 
  • Sleep disorders Millions of people suffer from insomnia, night terrors, waking sleep, sleepwalking, unable to fall into the REM sleep that their body and mind need. Sleep disorders can lead to a variety of other problems, such as obesity and dependence on sleeping pills, caffeine, and other stimulants to keep you moving despite fatigue. Sleep disorders can be difficult to treat. Hypnosis can help treat psychological problems that cause sleep disturbances. At the same time, it puts the body into a state of deep relaxation, helping to rejuvenate the body and mind.
  • Spiritual hypnosis – Spiritual hypnosis is the use of hypnotic tools and techniques to achieve higher states of consciousness for personal and spiritual transformation. Spiritual Hypnosis uses hypnotic techniques to help clients achieve altered states of consciousness. In a higher state of consciousness it is easier to access higher wisdom and guidance.

If you are motivated to improve in any way, then hypnosis will make your life better!

Book now hypnosis

Higher Choice Hypnosis in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Anat Weinstein C.Ht., Higher Choice Hypnosis,
12101 Menaul Blvd. NE
Suite C
Albuquerque, NM, 87112
Phone 505-823-6508